Source: India Today Times of India
Three people have been arrested for conspiring to hurl grenades at public gatherings in Hyderabad's Malakpet.They are identified as Mohammed Abdul Zahed aka Motu of Moosarambagh, Mohammed Sameeuddin of Malakpet and Maaz Hasan Farooq of Humayun Nagar — was caught in a pre-dawn swoop in Old Hyderabad neighbourhoods. The FIR names four other suspects: Adil Afroz, Abdul Hadi, Sohail Qureshi and Abdul Kaleem aka Hadi. They are on the run.
According to Hyderabad police, Abdul Zahed was previously involved in several terror-related cases in Hyderabad, including a suicide attack on the Hyderabad City Police Commissioner’s task force office, Begumpet in 2005. He was in regular touch with Pakistani ISI-LeT handlers.
Four grenades, Rs 4 lakh in cash and incriminating documents were seized from the suspects. They were charged with plotting the assassination of Sangh and BJP functionaries, though this was not part of their confessional statement to the state counter-intelligence cell and special task force (STF) that busted the LeT cell.
Key conspirator Zahed revealed on Sunday that he was in touch with Pakistani spy agency ISI, Lashkar handlers across the border, and three fugitive Hyderabadi suspected terrorists — Farhatullah Ghori, Siddique Bin Osman and Abdul Majeed. These three are said to be in Pakistan and working for the ISI.
An SIT officer said: “Zahed and his group were planning to hurl grenades at BJP, RSS meetings and bomb Dasara processions to trigger terror in the festive season. He also revealed Pakistan-based handlers, Ghori, Hanzala and Majeed had pumped in funds to help Zahed recruit operatives and carry out terrorist attacks in Hyderabad. Two others, Samiuddin and Maaz Hasan, who were arrested on Sunday were Zahed recruits.”
